Yikes! Christmas Planning Already? We have you covered with our easy Christmas Import Guide
If your product sales boom around the festive season, do you realise we are already halfway through the year?! Christmas will be here before we know it. Being prepared for the importation of goods is not always as simple as ‘ask and you shall receive’, especially heading into a peak season. Make sure your goods arrive in time to sell for Christmas with this simple guide.
The early bird catches the worm
The key to being organised for Christmas is to get in early!
- Do a stock take – You already have stocktake processes in place, and the end of the financial year is an obvious time for checking your inventory. Use these stats to determine your Christmas stock order.
- Check sales data from last year – In conjunction with your stocktake figures, use numbers from Christmas sales last year to predict how much product you will need to cover the upcoming Christmas period.
- Think about timing – Once you’ve sorted out what you need to order and how much, place that order with suppliers as early as possible to accommodate shipping times and possible time spent in Customs and/or Quarantine.
- Check legal requirements – Whilst on the subject of Customs and Quarantine, make sure you know the requirements mandated by both government bodies and get any required permits sorted out early to avoid unnecessary delays. http://www.agriculture.gov.au/import and http://www.border.gov.au/Busi/cargo-support-trade-and-goods/importing-goods are good places to start.
- Take a load off – Employing a professional company to take packaging and freight forwarding off your hands. During extra busy times, this can really help keep stress levels down.
Make a list (and check it twice)
We’ve actually done the list for you now but make like Santa – check it twice, and start as early as possible to ensure your stock arrives on time. Don’t be caught out with insufficient product supply due to unnecessary delays which could have been avoided by early action. Then when the orders start piling in, you’ll be ready to rock the Christmas period sales!
Stress less during the 2017 festive season and let the professionals at Maptrans take care of your packaging and deliveries. Contact us – http://www.maptrans.com.au/#contact